For Circle Time or Story Time!
Below are some Bird books
that you may like to read during your Bird theme week at your daycare, preschool or home school.
We read one or two of the of the books listed below each day to the children during circle time or story time.
After we read a few stories
we will show the children a Bird finger rhyme or sing them a Bird song
to help the children learn about this week's theme.
Next, we will have the children create a Bird craft,
after that we take the children outside.
When the children come back inside we will have them focus on a fine motor activity or learning activity involving either a game, science, social studies, language arts, sensory, gross motor, or some other type of activity with colors, numbers, shapes or letters while learning about this weeks theme - Birds.
Our curriculum offers fun age appropriate activities with lots of hands on activities! The children will learn about this weeks theme during circle time or group time activities, playing fun games, singing songs or learning finger rhymes, making arts & crafts, plus we offer pre reading & writing activities, language arts, math, sensory activities, gross & large motor activities, science activities for preschool kids along with lots of fun activities that teach the children their colors, numbers, counting, basic shapes and alphabet letters!
1. Feathers For Lunch By Lois Ehlert
2. A Big Fat Hen by Keith Barker
3. I'm Not Cute! by Michael Rosen
4. Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice by Steve Metzger
5. Barnyard Dance Board Book by Sandra Boynton
6. One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root
7. The Little Red Hen by Carol Ottolenghi
8. My Spring Robin by Anne Rockwell
9. Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard
10. Boo Hoo Bird by Jeremy Tankard
11. Are you my mother? by P. D. Eastman
12. About Birds: A Guide for Children by Cathryn Sill
13. In the Nest by Anna Milbourne
14. Birds by Kevin Henkes
15. Bird Calls by Frank Gallo
16. Birds, Nests & Eggs by Mel Boring
17.Three Little Birds by Cedella Marley & Gerald Hausman
18. I Heard Said the Bird by Polly Berrien Berends
19. Little Red Bird by Nick Bruel
20.The Best Nest (beginner books) by P.D. Eastman
21. Flap Your Wings (beginner books) by P.D. Eastman
22. Busy Birdies By John Schindel
Check out our fun hands on lesson plans
your preschool Bird theme. Please click the link below to view. We also have infant, young toddler and toddler lesson plans.
View our age appropriate activities
for the children in your daycare, preschool or your home school. Please scroll below to view a few of our Bird activities from our Bird preschool lesson plans below.