For Circle Time or Story Time!
Below are some alphabet books
that you may like to read during your alphabet theme week at your daycare, preschool or home school.
We read one or two of the of the books listed below each day to the children during circle time or story time.
After we read a few stories
we will show the children a alphabet finger rhyme or sing them a alphabet song
to help the children learn about this week's theme.
Next, we will have the children create a craft
with some letters such as alphabet soup where they would put letters stickers onto a print out of a bowl, after that we take the children outside.
When the children come back inside we will have them focus on fine motor activity such as sticking circle stickers onto circles that are on the letters of the alphabet or learning activity involving letters such as matching or sorting letters, tracing letters or coloring letters, for more ideas on your alphabet theme view our alphabet ideas at the bottom of the page.
Our curriculum offers fun age appropriate activities with lots of hands on activities! The children will learn about this weeks theme during circle time or group time activities, playing fun games, singing songs or learning finger rhymes, making arts & crafts, plus we offer pre reading & writing activities, language arts, math, sensory activities, gross & large motor activities, science activities for preschool kids along with lots of fun activities that teach the children their colors, numbers, counting, basic shapes and alphabet letters!
1. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr
2. A Is for Angry: An Animal and Adjective Alphabet by Sandra Boynton
3. Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! [Board book] by Dr. Seuss
4. Eric Carle's ABC Eric Carle
5. Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game by Mary Elting Martin Jr and Eric Carle
6. Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert
7. Alligator Alphabet by Stella Blackstone
8. Sleepy ABC by Margaret Wise Brown
9. What Pete Ate from A to Z by Maira Kalman
10. Peanut Butter And Jellyfishes: A Very Silly Alphabet Book by Brian P. Cleary
11. Miss Spider's Abc Book by David Kirk
Check out our fun hands on lesson plans
your preschool Alphabet theme. Please click the link below to view. We also have infant, young toddler and toddler lesson plans.
View our age appropriate activities
for the children in your daycare, preschool or your home school. Please scroll below to view a few of our Alphabet activities from our Alphabet preschool lesson plans below.