For Circle Time or Story Time!
Below are some Back to School books
that you may like to read during your Back to School theme week at your daycare, preschool or home school.
We read one or two of the of the books listed below each day to the children during circle time or story time.
After we read a few stories
we will show the children a Back to School finger rhyme or sing them a Back to School song
to help the children learn about this week's theme.
Next, we will have the children create a Back to School craft,
after that we take the children outside.
When the children come back inside we will have them focus on a fine motor activity or learning activity involving either a game, science, social studies, language arts, sensory, gross motor, or some other type of activity with colors, numbers, shapes or letters while learning about this weeks theme - Back To School.
Our curriculum offers fun age appropriate activities
with lots of hands on activities! The children will learn about this weeks theme by playing fun games, circle time or group time activities, singing songs or learning finger rhymes, making arts & crafts, plus we offer lots of pre reading & writing, language arts, math, sensory activities, gross & large motor activities, science activities for preschool kids along with lots of activities that teach the children their colors, numbers, counting, basic shapes and alphabet letters!
1. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn by Dr. Seuss
2. First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg by Pat Hutchins
3.How Do Dinosaurs Go To School? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague by A. H. Benjamin
4. I Love You All Day Long by Francesca Rusackas by Monica Wellington
5. D.W.'s Guide to Preschool (Arthur Adventures) by Marc Brown by Harriet Ziefert
6. Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney by Jean Marzollo
7. The Night Before Preschool by Natasha Wing by Gail Gibbons
8. Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes by Betsy Maestro
9. I Am Too Absolutely Small for School (Charlie and Lola) by Michelle Knudsen
10. The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing by Zoe Hall
Check out our fun hands on lesson plans
your preschool Back to School theme. Please click the link below to view. We also have infant, young toddler and toddler lesson plans.
View our age appropriate activities
for the children in your daycare, preschool or your home school. Please scroll below to view a few of our Back to School activities from our Back to School preschool lesson plans below.