For Circle Time or Story Time!
Below are some Dinosaur books
that you may like to read during your Dinosaur theme week at your daycare, preschool or home school.
We read one or two of the of the books listed below each day to the children during circle time or story time.
After we read a few stories
we will show the children a Dinosaur finger rhyme or sing them a Dinosaur song
to help the children learn about this week's theme.
Next, we will have the children create a Dinosaur craft,
after that we take the children outside.
When the children come back inside we will have them focus on a fine motor activity or learning activity involving either a game, science, social studies, language arts, sensory, gross motor, or some other type of activity with colors, numbers, shapes or letters while learning about this weeks theme - Dinosaurs.
Our curriculum offers fun age appropriate activities with lots of hands on activities! The children will learn about this weeks theme during circle time or group time activities, playing fun games, singing songs or learning finger rhymes, making arts & crafts, plus we offer pre reading & writing activities, language arts, math, sensory activities, gross & large motor activities, science activities for preschool kids along with lots of fun activities that teach the children their colors, numbers, counting, basic shapes and alphabet letters!
1. Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton
2. Ten Terrible Dinosaurs by Paul Stickland
3. Dinosaur Roar by Paul and Henrietta Stickland
4. Dinosaur VS Bedtime by Bob Shea
5. Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs by Bryon Barton
6. Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp by Carol Diggory Shields
7. Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow
8. Dinosaurs Galore! by Giles Andreae
9. The Dinosaur Who Lived in My Backyard by B.G. Hennessey
10. How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen
11. How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane Yolen
12. How Do Dinosaurs Play With Their Friends? by Jane Yolen
13. How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms? by Jane Yolen
14. The Littlest Dinosaurs by Bernard Most
15. Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones by Byron Barton
Check out our fun hands on lesson plans
your preschool Dinosaur theme. Please click the link below to view. We also have infant, young toddler and toddler lesson plans.
View our age appropriate activities
for the children in your daycare, preschool or your home school. Please scroll below to view a few of our Dinosaur activities from our Dinosaur preschool lesson plans below.